Terms and Conditions for nib Blues “Money Can’t Buy” Giveaway 2017
How do I enter the competition?
1. To enter the competition, you must complete the entry form on the competition page (www.nib.co.nz/blues-giveaway) (Entry Page).
2. Only one registration per person will be counted as an entry into the competition.
3. Our employees and their family members (including spouses, grandparents, parents, children and grandchildren) cannot enter the competition.
4. Entry is only open to New Zealand residents aged 18 years and over.
5. Participation in the competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
When does the competition start and finish?
6. The competition starts at 9am on 10/04/2017 and ends at 11.59pm on 08/05/2017 (“Promotional Period”).
How is the winner of the nib Blues “Money Can’t Buy” Giveaway chosen?
7. Each valid entry will automatically go into the draw to win the nib “Money Can’t Buy” Blues experience. (Prize). The Prize is valued at NZ$1950 and comprises:
Return economy airfares for two (2) people from Auckland to Samoa to watch the Blues play, departing Thursday 1st June 2017 and returning Saturday 3rd June (subject to flight availability);
Two (2) nights’ accommodation in Samoa in a twin-share or double room;
Two (2) Gold tickets to match day
Activities and pre-game hospitality
Breakfast on 2nd and 3rd June included
Transfers from airport in Samoa to your hotel, from the hotel to the match and back and transfers from the hotel to the airport on departure day. Other travel arrangements (including those to and from Auckland airport) are the responsibility of the winner.
Two (2) Blues merchandise packs.
8. One prize draw will take place for the Prize, and one winner will be drawn at random from the valid entries received during the Promotional Period.
9. The winner will be drawn at 12pm NZT at nib’s Newcastle office on Friday, 12th May 2017. nib’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. If the Prize, or any part of the Prize, is unavailable, we may provide a substitute prize of similar value or specification. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
11. If you are the winner and you do not acknowledge acceptance of the Prize within 3 business days from the day of the draw, the Prize will be forfeited and a new winner drawn from the entries of the prize draw.
How will I know I have won?
17. The winner of the Prize will be notified via Facebook and email using the details they entered the draw with. We take no responsibility for emails that are not received. The winner’s name will be published at www.facebook.com/nibNewZealand.
18. The winner is required by nib to supply a scanned copy of a valid passport upon confirmation of acceptance of the prize.
19. If you are a New Zealand Passport holder, you must have a validity of six (6) months after your return date to New Zealand. If you are travelling on a non-New Zealand issued passport, it is your responsibility to ensure you check and obtain any applicable visa as required for travel to Samoa.
Delivery of the prizes and use of winner’s details
19. Travel documentation will be delivered by courier to the address nominated by the relevant winner. We are not responsible in the event that the winner does not receive a prize because he or she has provided an incomplete or incorrect delivery address.
20. Costs associated with accepting the Prize, other than those expressly listed in these Terms and Conditions, must be paid by the winner. Decisions regarding prize logistics, costs and inclusions are at our discretion and our decision is final.
21. Acceptance of the Prize by the winner means the winner consents for us to use their details and photos for promotional and media publicity purposes, including on the nib nz Facebook page, without compensation.
22. We reserve the right to require an entrant to provide proof of identity and/or proof of compliance with any eligibility requirements and these terms and conditions.
23. nib and the Blues reserve the right to change any of the benefits offered in the Prize due to reasons
outside of our control.
24. We can, in our sole discretion, disqualify any entry or refuse to award the Prize to anyone in our opinion who has not complied with these terms and conditions, tampered with the entry process or has gained an unfair advantage in any way or has won through fraud.
25. If this competition is interfered with in any way or we cannot run the competition as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, we reserve the right at our sole discretion to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition, as appropriate.
Our liability to you
26. To the maximum extent permitted by law, neither we (including our officers, employees and agents) nor any of our affiliate companies or any third parties associated with this competition, will be liable to you (even if negligent) for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, or otherwise), loss, injury or disappointment which you or any other person suffers or sustains in connection with this competition and/or the Prize. Nothing in this clause limits your rights (if any) under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
28. Our decisions relating to the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
29. The promoter is nib nz limited of 48 Shortland Street, Auckland, New Zealand, telephone 0800 123 642 (we, us or our).
30. These terms may be updated or modified by us (provided this doesn't prejudice anyone who has already entered the competition), and were last updated on 4/4/17. Any material change will be notified on nib.co.nz.